Đọc đoạn văn sau và trả lời các câu hỏi:
The White House, the official home of the United States President, was not built in time for George Washington to live in it. It was begun in 1792 and was ready for its first inhabitants, President and Mrs. John Adams, in 1800. When the Adamses moved in, the White 5 House was not yet complete, and the Adamses suffered many inconveniences. Thomas Jefferson, the third president, improved the comfort of the White House in many respects and added new architectural features such as the terraces on the east and west ends. When British forces burned the White House on August 24, 1814, President Madison was 10 forced to leave, and it was not until 1817 that then President James Monroe was able to return to a rebuilt residence. Since then, the White House has been occupied by each U.S. President.
1. Which of the following would be an appropriate title for this passage?
2. Why did George Washington NOT live in the White House?
3. It can be inferred from the passage that John Adams was
4. According to the passage, which of the following best describes Thomas Jefferson's tenure in the White House?
5. According to the passage, when James Monroe came back to the White House, it had been