Đọc đoạn văn sau và trả lời các câu hỏi:
Our eyes and ears might be called transformers since they sense the light and sound around us and turn them into electrical impulses that the brain can interpret. These electrical impulses that have been transformed by the eye and ear reach the brain and are turned 5 into messages that we can interpret. For the eye, the process begins as the eye admits light waves, bends them at the cornea and lens, and then focuses them on the retina. At the back of each eye, nerve fibers bundle together to form optic nerves, which join and then split into two optic tracts. Some of the fibers cross, so that part 10 of the input from the right visual field goes into the left side of the brain, and vice versa. The process in the ear is carried out through sensory cells that are carried in fluid-filled canals and that are extremely sensitive to vibration. Sound that is transformed into electricity travels along nerve fibers in the auditory nerve. 15 These fibers form a synopsis with neurons that carry the messages to the auditory cortex on each side of the brain.
1. According to the author, we might call our eyesand ears "transformers" because
2. Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word "admits" in line 6?
3. In line 6, what does the word "them" refer to?
4. The word "bundle" in line 8 could best be replaced by which of the following?
5. The word "split" as used in line 9 is closest in meaning to which of the following?
6. Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word "cross" as used in line 9?
7. According to the passage, when input from the right visual field goes into the left side of the brain, what happens?
8. The phrase "carried out" in line 11 could best be replaced by which of the following?
9. Which of the following is most similar to the word "vibration" as used in line 13?
10. According to the passage, optic nerves eventually