Đọc đoạn văn sau và trả lời các câu hỏi:
Desertification, the loss of the soil's biological productivity, occurs naturally to a limited extent. The pace at which the process has spread recently, however, is largely man's own doing. This fact was highlighted by the great Sahel drought of 1968-73. The worst effects 5 of this drought were caused by nomadic peoples who had earlier been forced by national governments to adopt agricultural and grazing practices that were not in accord with their traditions. In common with those of other nomads around the world, such traditions involved never staying in one place so long as to exhaust the earth that provided 10 them with sustenance. When these people were not allowed to follow this tradition, the process of desertification moved ahead quickly.
1. Which of the following can be said of desertification?
2. Where does the author appear to ultimately lay the blame for the effects of the Sahel drought?
3. According to the passage, what can be said about the Sahel drought?
4. Which of the following may be inferred about the author of the passage ?
5. Nomads in other parts of the world and the Sahel nomads.