Tìm từ đồng nghĩa với từ được gạch chân - Trình độ TOEFL, Bài số 121. Techniques that create an atmosphere of suspense are commonly used by filmmakers to arouse their audiences.
2. The child was rushed to hospital after he ingested more than a dozen sharp nails.
3. They had always thought the volcano inactive.
4. The real meaning of the poem was obscured by the pretentious language in which it was written.
5. Valium is a strong drug that can cause a driver to sleep at the wheel.
6. The remnants of the Roman Empire can be found in many countries in Asia, Europe, and Africa.
7. The representatives of the company seemed very callous concerning the conditions of the workers.
8. Lindbergh's first nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean was an act of great daring and courage.
9. The museum dismissed the curator after some of the oldest paintings were damaged.
10. We watched as the plane disappeared behind the clouds.
11. In the 1776 pamphlet "Common Sense," Thomas Paine defended the cause of the American Revolution.
12. In Benjamin Franklin's almanac, he warns against making hasty decisions.
13. Studies of climatology indicate that volcanic dust in the atmosphere may contribute to the onset of ice ages.
14. Before the earthquake hit the area,many minor tremors were felt.
15. The raccoon is a nocturnal animal.
16. Victoria Holtand William Shakespeare are prolific writers.
17. The copperhead, a snake that strikes without warning, is considered more dangerous than the rattlesnake.
18. Many doctors are still general practitioners, but the tendency is toward specialization in medicine.
19. In the 1960's the upper level of Pennsylvania Station in New York City was torn down and replaced by Madison Square Garden.
20. The blank space of the paper must be 1.5 inches at the top and 1 inch at the bottom and on the sides.