Trình độ C - Bài 571. To our ________, Geoffrey's illness proved not to be as serious as we had feared.
2. You mustn't let him treat you so badly; you must stand ________ him and be strong.
3. The station clock is not as ________ as it should be; it is usually between one and two minutes fast.
4. - Harvey: I think I'm well enough to get back to work. - Gladys: Not really. You ________ stay at home for another day or so.
5. The two trains collided with ________ loud a crash it woke everyone in the station hotel.
6. We ________ the stolen car when the insurance money arrived.
7. I am looking forward ________ you again next year.
8. We live in a friendly community and everyone ________ each other very well.
9. Parking ________! By order.
10. It's customary to give at least a week's ________ before you leave the job.
11. More often ________ not, it rains here in summer.
12. Alan and Cyril used to hate each other, but now they are the ________ of friends.
13. If ________ I had married her when I had the chance!
14. After her husband's death, Ruby kept the business ________ for as long as possible.
15. He is very good ________ finding excuses.
16. ________ any of these films before?
17. Would you mind ________ these plates a wipe before putting them in the cupboard?
18. The lung transplant operation was ________ complicated and the doctors had to take special care to ensure its success.
19. I ________ be most grateful if you could let me have the details as soon as possible.
20. Does anyone know ________ this coat might be?