Trình độ TOEFL - Bài 151. In his autobiography, 'The education of Henry Adams', Adams attempted to show that his generation ________.
2. We all saw the athlete when he ________ the fastest mile ever run at the school.
3. The ________wanted to continue their tour even though the bus had broken down.
4. For the investor who ________ money, silver or bonds are good options.
5. To relieve pain caused by severe burns, prevent infection, and treat for shock, ________.
6. Canada does not require that U.S. citizens obtain passports to enter the country, and ________.
7. Flight nineteen from New York and Washington is now arriving at ________.
8. Sesame ________ a herbaceous plant native to the tropics.
9. A log grabber has a long arm ________, which stretches out to pick up logs.
10. The families were told to evacuate their houses immediately ________.
11. ________ the lip of an open-pit copper mine, the huge tractors and cranes below look like toys, and people look like tiny ants scurrying about.
12. Double stars orbit ________.
13. The bird's egg is such an efficient structure for protecting the embryo inside ________ difficult for the hatchling to break.
14. Besides rain, ________ is seldom pure.
15. A dolphin ________ a porpoise in that it has a longer nose.
16. A symbol of the ancient competition, the Olympic flame burns ________ throughout the games.
17. Although they are both grown in the United States and exported abroad, corn is not native to America and winter wheat ________.
18. Although blood ________ a residue in urine and stool samples, it cannot always be detected without the aid of a microscope.
19. Prospectors rushed to Nevada in 1859 ________ was discovered there.
20. ________ the Christmas shopping season begins.